Definition of Cat fancier
1. Noun. A person who breeds and cares for cats.
Cat Fancier Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cat Fancier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cat Fancier
Literary usage of Cat fancier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the National Conference of Charities and Correction, at the by National Conference of Charities and Correction (U.S.). Session (1908)
"As a cat fancier said to me a few days ago, "there is scarcely any disease that the cat does not have." Diphtheria and ringworm are the two diseases that it ..."
2. Publishers Weeklyby Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1902)
"... real Mary and the real lamb," with numerous illustrations ; "Cats and All About Them," a practical handbook for the cat lover and the cat fancier; also, ..."
3. The domestic cat by William Gordon Stables, Gordon Stables (1876)
"Now I must warn the cat-fancier that there is no specific for the cure of mange in the cat, and that the cure will take weeks, and at times even months; ..."
4. "1001 Places to Sell Manuscripts," by [Editor] (1915)
"Western cat fancier, San Francisco: Published by CE Willats and edited by Miss Jane Harvin. Uses pertinent articles, items of news interest and value to cat ..."