Definition of Casco
1. Noun. (nautical) A flat-bottomed, square-ended boat once used in the Philippines as a lighter to ferry goods between ship and shore ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Casco
1. a type of barge [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Casco Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Casco
Literary usage of Casco
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. ...Trelawny Papers by James Phinney Baxter, Robert Trelawny (1884)
"TESTIMONY RESPECTING THE NAME OF casco RIVER. At a Court holden at Saco, the 8th of September, ... Vide antea, casco, visiting the Indian village near p. ..."
2. The Pine-tree Coast by Samuel Adams Drake (1890)
"casco BAY. " — where hillside oaks and beeches Overlook the long blue reaches, Silver coves, and pebbled beaches. And green isles of casco Bay." — WHITTIER. ..."
3. Indian Wars of New England by Herbert Milton Sylvester (1910)
"Here, at casco, was a considerable settlement, though somewhat scattered along the shore ... Later, in August, there was a bloody fray at casco (Portland, ..."
4. Collections of the New Hampshire Historical Society by New Hampshire Historical Society (1827)
"Voted, that the Treasurer supply his Hon'r the Liu't Gov'r and those grnt. appointed to waite on him to casco to ratify the Peace with the Indians with the ..."
5. ... Baptisms and Admission from the Records of First Church in Falmouth, Now by First Parish Church (Portland, Me.), Marquis Fayette King, Maine Genealogical Society (1894- ) (1898)
"In August 1703, a large party of French and Indians unexpectedly attacked all the settlements from casco to Wells. The inhabitants of Cape Elizabeth being ..."
6. Portland in the Past by William Goold (1886)
"SETTLEMENT AT NEW casco. ... The property conveyed is described in the deed as " all the tract of land lying in casco I'ay on the north east of the river ..."