Definition of Carry forward
1. Verb. Transfer from one time period to the next.
Category relationships: Accountancy, Accounting
Generic synonyms: Shift, Transfer
Carry Forward Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Carry Forward Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Carry Forward
Literary usage of Carry forward
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Model Tax Convention on Income and on Capitalby (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, Oecd, OECD Staff, OECD. Committee on Fiscal Affairs, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, Development. by (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, Oecd, OECD Staff, OECD. Committee on Fiscal Affairs, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, Development. (2000)
"Greece: Country by country with no carry forward or carry-back of excess credits; — Italy: Per country limitation with no carry forward or carry-back of ..."
2. The Works of Virgil by Virgil (1891)
"... the seas themselves carry forward the fleet; the gales blow fair and steady, the hour for rest is given. ..."
3. Proceedings by National Baptist Educational Convention (1872)
"... and we will carry forward the education of the people as rapidly as possible. [Applause]. Dr. MURDOCK : I have no disposition to enter into the ..."
4. The African Repository by American Colonization Society (1854)
"We, therefore, hope that the friends of the Society, throughout the country, will do what they can to help us to carry forward the great work. ..."
5. Journal of Proceedings, and Addresses by National Educational Association (U.S.) (1891)
"This is essential to practical wisdom, and on the other hand we must learn to make original investigation and carry forward the boundaries of truth into the ..."
6. A Collection of the Chronicles and Ancient Histories of Great Britain, Now by Jehan de Wavrin, William Hardy (1887)
"So to accomplish my work, which is to carry forward the chronicles of France and England together, I take only the most prominent facts and those which best ..."
7. Corporate Tax Incentives for Foreign Direct Investment by W. Steven Clark (2001)
"In effect, loss carry-forward provisions allowing firms to carry holiday expenses ... Indeed, generous loss carry-forward provisions may provide a greater ..."