Definition of Car racing
1. Noun. The sport of racing automobiles.
Examples of category: Pace Lap, Cockpit, Pace Car, Pit
Generic synonyms: Racing
Car Racing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Car Racing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Car Racing
Literary usage of Car racing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventing Tobacco Use Among Young People: A Report of the Surgeon General by M. Joycelyn Elders (1997)
"Thus, Marlboro and Winston have become associated with auto and sports car racing, and Virginia Slims has become associated with tennis; both brands also ..."
2. An Introduction to the Study of Science: A First Course in Science for High by Wayne Prescott Smith, Edmund Gale Jewett (1918)
"Cross section of motor car racing track. A car moving at a rate of 110 miles per hour has a position normal to the track on the outside elevation. ..."
3. Prevention Primer: An Encyclopedia of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Many of the marketing activities for smokeless tobacco products are tied in with sports, including professional rodeo, hunting, Indy car racing, ..."
4. Orlando & Central Florida by Don Philpott (1999)
"Sunshine Speedway, Ulm- erton Road, Clearwater, features drag and stock car racing. Open: drag racing Friday, March to November. Stock car racing Saturday, ..."
5. Endocrine Evaluation by Ian Ramsey, Anna Tebb (2006)
"This game, however, shows the close relation between the genre of games FPS and most of the games of car racing (figure 3). At last, there is the game of ..."