2. Adjective. resembling a camel ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cameline
1. a material made from camel hair [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cameline Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cameline
Literary usage of Cameline
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readings in Evolution, Genetics, and Eugenics by Horatio Hackett Newman (1921)
"The feet are very long and slender, with two toes in each; the FIG. 3.—Four stages in the evolution of the cameline skull. ..."
2. European Agriculture and Rural Economy: From personal observation by Henry Colman (1851)
"cameline. — Another plant, called C ameline,* is cultivated, when, for example, the colza fails ; as it ripens its seed in three months. ..."
3. A Practical Treatise on the Manufacture of Soap and Candles by Carl Deite, Alwin Engelhardt, Karl Schaedler (1888)
"Its specific gravity is 0.925 to 0.930 at 59° F. ; it congeals at —0.4° F. cameline-oil, being produced in comparatively small quantities, is of but little ..."