Definition of Calf's tongue
1. Noun. The tongue of a calf eaten as meat.
Calf's Tongue Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Calf's Tongue Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Calf's Tongue
Literary usage of Calf's tongue
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Unrivalled Cook-book and Housekeeper's Guide by Washington (1885)
"... and more spice; another layer of calf s head and jelly, and so on, the last layer being the calf s tongue, sliced thin; cover with good paste and bake. ..."
2. European and American Cuisine by Mrs. Gesine Knubel Lemcke, Gesine Lemcke (1914)
"Calf s Tongue a la 1'Espagnole.—Boil 2 calves' tongues as in below recipe. ... Calf s Tongue a la Jardiniere.—Lay 3 calves' tongues for 2 minutes in boiling ..."
3. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1884)
"... both those prepared from the ulcerations of the calf s tongue and from the inoculated tissues of the rabbit, are immersed in a mixture of magenta and ..."
4. Representative English Plays: From the Middle Ages to the End of the by John Strong Perry Tatlock, Robert Grant Martin (1916)
"If I were virtuous, it would never grieve me, Or any thing that might justify my modesty ; But when my nature is prone to do a charity, And my calf s tongue ..."