Definition of Calcium hypochlorite
1. Noun. Any hypochlorite of calcium; used as a bleaching agent.
Calcium Hypochlorite Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Calcium Hypochlorite Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Calcium Hypochlorite
Literary usage of Calcium hypochlorite
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Chemical Solubilities: Inorganic by Arthur Messinger Comey, Dorothy Anna Hahn (1921)
"Known only in aqueous solution, which decomposes at once. Barium hypochlorite. Known only in solution. calcium hypochlorite, Ca(OCl)2+4H2O. ..."
2. The Journal of Infectious Diseases by Infectious Diseases Society of America, John Rockefeller McCormick Memorial Fund, John McCormick Institute for Infectious Diseases (1914)
"All other writers on this subject have recommended the use of calcium hypochlorite.4" Burrage, in 1909 at Purdue University, made careful analyses of the ..."
3. A Dictionary of Applied Chemistry by Thomas Edward Thorpe (1921)
"calcium hypochlorite v. ... Ind. 1885, 722), the reaction really takes place in several stages, calcium hypochlorite and hypochlorous acid being first ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1833)
"... carefully concentrating the solution in vacuo, so that a solution oí bleaching powder is correctly regarded as a solution d calcium hypochlorite— 2Ca/a ..."
5. A Dictionary of Applied Chemistry by Thomas Edward Thorpe (1912)
"calcium hypochlorite r. BLEACHING POWDER. ... of the oxygen of two molecules calcium hypochlorite to a third molecule of the hypochlorite which is oxidised ..."
6. American Sewerage Practice by Leonard. Metcalf, Harrison Prescott Eddy (1915)
"The conclusions reached in the Ohio investigations were: "Both calcium hypochlorite and copper sulphate have high germicidal values when acting upon ..."