Definition of Business department
1. Noun. A division of a business firm.
Specialized synonyms: Advertising Department, Advertising Division, Editorial Department, Parts Department, Building Department, Plant Department, Purchasing Department, Sales Department, Sales Division, Sales Force, Service Department
Business Department Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Business Department Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Business Department
Literary usage of Business department
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1874)
"706 Sansom Street. The advertisement sheet belongs to the business department of the Journal, find all communications for it must be made to the publisher. ..."
2. College and University Finance by Trevor Arnett (1922)
"STAFF REQUIRED FOR business department OF AN ENDOWED COLLEGE OF MODERATE SIZE The question may be asked: Is the plan of administration here outlined an ..."
3. News Writing, the Gathering, Handling and Writing of News Stories by Matthew Lyle Spencer (1917)
"THE business department 30. Divisions of the business department. — When the paper issues from the press, it passes into the hands of the circulation ..."
4. Public School Administration: A Statement of the Fundamental Principles by Ellwood Patterson Cubberley (1916)
"In the matter of the use of the buildings the educational, and not the business department, should control. Even in the matter of repairs and changes, ..."
5. The Practice of Journalism, a Treatise on Newspaper Making by Walter Williams, Frank L. Martin (1911)
"V. THE business department. The newspaper is a business enterprise. It must have an income equal to or larger ... He must conduct the business department in ..."