Definition of Breaking away
1. Noun. The act of breaking away or withdrawing from. "A breaking away from family and neighborhood"
2. Noun. Departing hastily.
Breaking Away Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Breaking Away Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Breaking Away
Literary usage of Breaking away
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom by Andrew Dickson White (1896)
"FINAL breaking away OF THE THEOLOGICAL THEORY. seeking the aid of Agnes Sampson for the relief of pain at the time of the birth of her two sons, ..."
2. A History of the warfare of science with theology in Christendom v. 2 by Andrew Dickson White (1901)
"FINAL breaking away OF THE THEOLOGICAL THEORY IN MEDICINE. While this development of history was going on, the central idea on which the whole théologie ..."
3. The History of the First Baptist Church of Boston (1665-1899) by Nathan Eusebius Wood (1899)
"ing, he was admonished for breaking away from the church, in way of schism, never having used any means to convince the church of any irregular proceeding, ..."
4. Catalogue of the Exhibition of Paintings of Hokusai by Ernest Francisco Fenollosa (1901)
"It is :i breaking away from school tradition ; and if we ask under whose influence, we must answer, that strange creature described under the next number as ..."