Definition of Boston harbor
1. Noun. The seaport at Boston.
Group relationships: Bean Town, Beantown, Boston, Capital Of Massachusetts, Hub Of The Universe
Boston Harbor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Boston Harbor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Boston Harbor
Literary usage of Boston harbor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1908)
"Rept. on petition of mayor of Boston for survey and chart of boston harbor. 4 pp. (Same 63, 1847.) . Rept. on comrs'. rept. re. restrictions recommended to ..."
2. Biographical Memoirs by National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (1877)
"Preliminary reports of commissioners on boston harbor. ... Second report of United States commissioners on the condition of boston harbor. ..."
3. Publications by Bostonian Society, Women's Baptist Home Mission Society, Kansas State Historical Society (1905)
"JULIA KNOWLTON DYER. is not known who first discovered boston harbor, but Greenland was found by Eric the Red, a Dane, in the year 986, and in 1002 he and ..."
4. The Memorial History of Boston: Including Suffolk County, Massachusetts by Justin Winsor, Clarence F.. Jewett (1880)
"ON the afternoon of Wednesday, the 29th of September, 1621, a large open sail-boat, or shallop, as it was then called, entered boston harbor, coming up ..."
5. Poems of American History by Burton Egbert Stevenson (1908)
"... for, in the four months that followed, seventeen ships arrived, with nearly a thousand passengers. THE THANKSGIVING IN boston harbor [June 12. ..."
6. Harper's New Monthly Magazine by Henry Mills Alden (1884)
"... or woods, or cultivated shores, we should not regret the way they deprive boston harbor of the splendid unobstructed prospect which New York has. ..."
7. Narrative and Critical History of America by Justin Winsor (1887)
"The royal ships came straggling into boston harbor. On the 24th General Hill, ... John print, " Exact draft of boston harbor," and of 1 November 16, 1710. ..."
8. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1907)
"On April 23, 1906. while gunning in boston harbor, off Quincy. Mass.. with Mr. RH Freeman, we shot a Glaucous Gull (Larus ..."