Definition of Biofuels
1. Noun. (plural of biofuel) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Biofuels
1. biofuel [n] - See also: biofuel
Medical Definition of Biofuels
1. Fuels made from cellulosic biomass resources. Biofuels include ethanol, biodiesel, and methanol. (05 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Biofuels Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Biofuels
Literary usage of Biofuels
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Energy Policies of IEA Countries by International Energy Agency, IEA Staff (1996)
"Sweden's use of biofuels has been increasing steadily over the last two decades. ... Physical supplies are not expected to restrict the use of biofuels for ..."
2. Energy Education Resources: Kindergarten Through 12th Grade edited by Barry Leonard (1998)
"In addition, a World Wide Web/Internet service, the biofuels Information Network, contains full text of many of the reports, newsletters, and fact sheets ..."
3. Energy Policies of Iea Countries: New Zealand 2006 Review by International Energy Agency (2006)
"Thus care should be taken to ensure that biofuels targets are cost-effective compared with other options of reducing oil dependence. ..."
4. Renewable Energy: Market & Policy Trends in IEA Countries by International Energy Agency (2004)
"The expected production of qualified plants not yet in operation is 633 GWh.10 Liquid biofuels Production Liquid biofuels Policy Timeline Research and ..."
5. Energy Technology Perspectives: Scenarios & Strategies to 2050 by International Energy Agency (2006)
"Figure 2.3o:> Global use of hydrogen and biofuels by scenario, 2003-2050 0 1 400 • 1 200 - 1 000- 800- 600- 400- 200- o- Key point 2003 Baseline 2030 (WEO ..."
6. Energy Security and Climate Policy: Assessing Interactionsby International Energy Agency, Oecd, Agence internationale de l'énergie, Claude (FRW) Mandil, Organisation for Economic Co-ope, OECD. by International Energy Agency, Oecd, Agence internationale de l'énergie, Claude (FRW) Mandil, Organisation for Economic Co-ope, OECD. (2007)
"... target reached through increased penetration of biofuels Czech Republic 2004 2030 Reference scenario 2004 2030 Reference scenario 2004 2030 France Italy ..."
7. Renewables Information 2004 by IEA Staff, International Energy Agency (2004)
"Global Potential for biofuels Production Chapter 6 of biofuels for Transport assesses land requirements and land availability for producing biofuels. ..."