2. Adverb. Once every two hours. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bihourly
1. occurring every two hours [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bihourly Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bihourly
Literary usage of Bihourly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Investigation of Panama Canal matters: hearings before the Committee on by United States, Senate, Congress, Committee on Interoceanic Canals (1907)
"Exhibit C.—bihourly estimated discharge at ... Exhibit D.—Graphic chart of the bihourly discharges of the great floods of the Chagres at Gamboa. (Incl. 30. ..."
2. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1865)
"Curve of mean temperature for the 86 lunations (1841-47) during which bihourly observations were taken at Greenwich. Fig. 3. Curve of mean temperature for ..."
3. Bulletin by United States Weather Bureau (1905)
"His temperatures were measured bihourly at a depth of 15 centimeters under both fallow soil and grass sod; the differences referred to amounted to 3° and 4° ..."
4. Report of the Annual Meeting (1848)
"In this arrangement however the bihourly observations have been preserved according to the desire of the Association. The observations for 1846, ..."
5. Investigation of Panama Canal Matters: Hearings Before the Committee on by Joseph H. Millard (1907)
"Exhibit D.—Graphic chart of the bihourly discharges of the great floods of the Chagres at Gamboa. (Incl. 30.) Exhibit C.—bihourly estimated discharge at ..."
6. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1861)
"In the bihourly series, the observation nearest the moon's transit, or to either hour angle, one hour before or one hour after the transit, ..."
7. Problems of the Panama Canal: Including Climatology of the Isthmus, Physics by Henry Larcom Abbot (1907)
"... conformity to the known conditions would leave no doubt as to their accuracy. Indeed, on one occasion a small clerical error in the tabulated bihourly ..."
8. Annual Report of the Isthmian Canal Commission by Isthmian Canal Commission (U.S.), United States President (1901-1909 : Roosevelt), Canal Zone Governor (1905)
"Rating tables, with corresponding discharge curves, have been carefully prepared to enable the calculation of the bihourly discharge from the Chagres River ..."