2. Noun. (British informal) A very good-looking person ¹
3. Noun. One who sings forcefully. ¹
4. Noun. A song suitable for forceful singing. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Belter
1. one that belts [n -S] - See also: belts
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Belter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Belter
Literary usage of Belter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nature by Norman Lockyer (1877)
"Draper gives his reasons for believing that the oxy-zirconium light fulfils all requirements belter than any other known light. ..."
2. The Poetical Works of Coleridge, Shelley, and Keats: Complete in One Volume by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Percy Bysshe Shelley, John Keats (1829)
"What belter claim can sovereign wish or Deed, Than (he free voice of men who love ... Better, О far belter Shout forth thy titles to yon circling mountains, ..."