Definition of Beef cattle
1. Noun. Cattle that are reared for their meat.
Generic synonyms: Bos Taurus, Cattle, Cows, Kine, Oxen
Specialized synonyms: Longhorn, Texas Longhorn, Santa Gertrudis, Aberdeen Angus, Angus, Black Angus, Charolais, Durham, Shorthorn, Galloway, Hereford, Whiteface, Beefalo, Cattalo
Beef Cattle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Beef Cattle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beef Cattle
Literary usage of Beef cattle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1912)
"No. and value of beef cattle of Belmont Co. (8 same 1853: 80. ... No. of beef cattle of Butler Co. not equal to the demand; some brought from Ind.,and 111. ..."
2. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1899)
"The beef cattle business in Illinois is in a very ragged kind of shape at the ... The truth of it is we have almost no native bred beef cattle, with this ..."
3. Public Papers of George Clinton, First Governor of New York, 1777-1795, 1801 by George Clinton, New York (State). Governor, 1801-1804 (George Clinton), Hugh Hastings, James Austin Holden, New York (State). State Historian (1904)
"I have forbid the public boats at Kings ferry passing any beef cattle, hogs or sheep, coming from the eastward, unless designed for the American or French ..."
4. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1898)
"... for they were rich in butter fat; then with Holsteins, for they were deep milkers; then with Shorthorn, for they were good beef cattle. ..."