Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bardy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bardy
Literary usage of Bardy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Beginnings of Modern Europe (1250-1450) by Ephraim Emerton (1917)
"with the papal legate, began operations at several points in Lom- bardy. Before Ferrara his forces met a crushing defeat, and this proved the turning point ..."
2. The Life of His Royal Highness the Prince Consort by Theodore Martin (1879)
"... Sicilians—Austria's Proposal to surrender Lom- bardy refused—Insurrection in Posen—The Ateliers Nationaux in Paris—Their Failure—Breakdown of Chartist ..."
3. Ancient Armour and Weapons in Europe: From the Iron Period of the Northern by John Hewitt (1860)
"The coursers of "Pulle" (Apulia) are mentioned also by Chaucer, as well as those of Lom- bardy. The horse of brass in the " Squire's Tale" is— " So wel ..."
4. A Cyclopedia of Missions: Containing a Comprehensive View of Missionary by Harvey Newcomb (1860)
"... the influence of the few faithful heralds who have beeu endeavoring to proclaim the Gospel to the misguided millions of Europe. bardy, 45 ; Sicily, ..."
5. Official and Provisional Methods of Analysis by Association of Offical Analytical Chemists (U.S.). Committee on Revision of Methods, Harvey Washington Wiley (1910)
"(b) RICHE AND bardy METHOD.*—PROVISIONAL, The following method for the detection of methyl alcohol in commercial spirit of wine depends on the formation of ..."
6. An Universal History: From the Earliest Accounts to the Present Timeby George Sale, George Psalmanazar, Archibald Bower, George Shelvocke, John Campbell, John Swinton by George Sale, George Psalmanazar, Archibald Bower, George Shelvocke, John Campbell, John Swinton (1766)
"... king ef Lorr.bardy, defeats the emperor's troops in the pad» of the H.«--gol, a river in Algiers, ..."