Definition of Bambuseae
1. Noun. Bamboos.
Generic synonyms: Tribe
Group relationships: Family Graminaceae, Family Gramineae, Family Poaceae, Graminaceae, Gramineae, Grass Family, Poaceae
Member holonyms: Bamboo, Bambusa, Genus Bambusa, Arundinaria, Genus Arundinaria, Dendrocalamus, Genus Dendrocalamus, Genus Phyllostachys, Phyllostachys
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bambuseae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bambuseae
Literary usage of Bambuseae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1900)
"... 11 ; bambuseae, 1. Ample keys make it easy to distinguish the tribes and genera, and the descriptions of both are full and apparently well drawn. ..."
2. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... and bambuseae, which have three lodicules, and in the latter group they are ... most bambuseae) another row of three stamens, making six in all (fig. ..."
3. Plant-geography Upon a Physiological Basis by Andreas Franz Wilhelm Schimper (1903)
"150), to which many other lianes in the rainforest belong, bambuseae among others. Many species of bambuseae FIG. 150. Edge of forest in Amboina with a ..."
4. Transactions by Massachusetts Horticultural Society (1881)
"Utrecht: 1821. Henderson, John. Handbook of the Grasses of Great Britain and America, 12mo. Northport, L. 1: 1875. Ruprecht, FJ bambuseae. 4to. pamphlet. ..."
5. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"... salicina viscosa Wrightii Bacopa Monniera rotundifolia Bahía oppositifolia Balduina uniflora Baldu'inia Ballota nigra BALSAMINACEAE bambuseae I Baptisia ..."