Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aversiveness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aversiveness
Literary usage of Aversiveness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... group were similar in magnitude and direction to those of nontreated controls provides further support for the lack of aversiveness of ECS in this task. ..."
2. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"However, mice demonstrate an increased aversiveness to the open arms following sudden withdrawal of the combination treatment. (Auth. Abs.) 91-4644. ..."
3. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... events or activities or their aversiveness to the patient. For example, a worker may be promoted or shifted to new job responsibilities he cannot handle ..."
4. Rural Substance Abuse: State of Knowledge & Issues edited by Elizabeth B. Robertson (1999)
"... of mother's aversive behavior (suggesting an observational or modeling influence) and mother's contingent reduction of her aversiveness in response to ..."
5. Risk Assessment for Neurobehavioral Toxicity edited by Bernard Weiss, Jurg Elsner (1997)
"... that is, on the capacity of situational aversiveness to reduce or block exploratory responses. These methods include the elevated plus- maze test, ..."
6. Health Consequences of Smoking: Nicotine Addiction a Report of the Surgeon by C. Everett Koop, M.D., DIANE Publishing Company (1988)
"Nicotine may reduce the aversiveness of Stressors for smokers (Pomerleau, Turk, Fertig 1984). Stress has been demonstrated to increase the rate of smoking ..."
7. Footprints: Strategies for Non-Traditional Program Evaluation edited by Joy A. Frechtling (1995)
"... high school is perhaps not fundamentally an instructional matter: to explain it, you need to look at the social aversiveness of schooling for some kids, ..."
8. Stress Management in Work Settings by Lawrence R. Murphy (1993)
"... so the performance of employees should be observed, and subjective, self-reports of workers about the aversiveness of these factors should be obtained. ..."