2. Verb. (third-person singular of avail) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Avails
1. avail [v] - See also: avail
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Avails Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Avails
Literary usage of Avails
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
""And the proceed« or avails of such sale shall be 6ee 5 WALL. by the trustees and agent invested tn good and sufficient bonds and mortgages of real estate ..."
2. Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville (1899)
"CHAPTER V Of the Manner in Which Religion in the United States avails Itself of Democratic Tendencies I HAVE laid it down in a preceding chapter that men ..."
3. Crabb's English Synonyms by George Crabb (1917)
"That which avails produces; if it avails nothing, it produces nothing, is of no use; ... avails ..."
4. Standard English Poems: Spenser to Tennyson (1899)
"AH WHAT avails THE SCEPTERED RACE (From the same) Ah what avails the sceptered race, Ah what the form divine! What every virtue, every grace! ..."
5. The Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut [1636-1776] by Connecticut, Connecticut General Assembly, Connecticut Council, James Hammond Trumbull, Connecticut Council of Safety, Charles Jeremy Hoadly (1885)
"... and liberty is hereby granted to the said Joseph Morgan, to sell the said real estate of the said Tabitha and the avails thereof to dispose of so as to ..."