¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Autolysate
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Autolysate
1. The mixture of substances resulting from autolysis. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Autolysate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Autolysate
Literary usage of Autolysate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1908)
"The intravenous injection of the autolysate was discontinued because of the serious symptoms (increased respiration, weakness, etc. ..."
2. A Practical Text-book of Infection, Immunity, and Specific Therapy: With by John Albert Kolmer (1915)
"Immunization is performed first with an autolysate of the meningococci, ... In preparing the autolysate, the cultures are subcultured first on glucose-agar ..."
3. Epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis by Abraham Sophian (1913)
"The animals usually are less disturbed by the live culture than by the autolysate, so that the doses can be more rapidly increased. ..."
4. Chemical Abstracts by American Chemical Society (1916)
"No anaphylaxis was observed in the symptom complex of cases with fatal issue subsequent to autolysate injection. The metabolism of a series of carcinoma ..."
5. The Journal of Infectious Diseases by Infectious Diseases Society of America, John Rockefeller McCormick Memorial Fund, John McCormick Institute for Infectious Diseases (1914)
"But old suspensions three to six hours old in serum, hydrocele fluid, ascites fluid, weak pancreatin solution and gonococcus autolysate show gram-negative ..."