Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aslosh Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aslosh
Literary usage of Aslosh
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Glossary of Words Used in the Wapentakes of Manley and Corringham by Edward Peacock (1889)
"aslosh.—Askew ; awry ; oblique. See SLOSH WAY ON. ... I knew he'd bed a sup o' drink 'cos he'd gelten bis hat on aslosh. BANKING MAN. ..."
2. Publications by English Dialect Society (1881)
"... adv. aside; out of the way; also, in carpentering, &c., diagonally. ' Stan' aslosh, wool ye ! ..."
3. Leicestershire Words, Phrases, and Proverbs by Arthur Benoni Evans (1881)
"... adv. aside; out of the way; also, in carpentering, &c., diagonally. ' Stan' aslosh, wool ye! ..."
4. A Glossary of Dialect & Archaic Words Used in the County of Gloucester by J[ohn] Drummond Robertson (1890)
"After the three ' asfa'n's,' the parties are said to be ' out-asked,' qv aslosh, adv. aside ; out of the way ; also, in carpentering, &c., diagonally. ..."
5. Archaeologia Cambrensis by Cambrian Archaeological Association, Thomas Rowland Powel, Donald Moore (1885)
"aslosh, aside. " Stand aslosh, wool ye?" (L.) Aunty, frisky ; spoken of horses ; usually and properly written ..."