Definition of Arcuate artery
1. Noun. Curved artery in the foot.
Generic synonyms: Arteria, Arterial Blood Vessel, Artery
Group relationships: Foot, Human Foot, Pes
Medical Definition of Arcuate artery
Arcuate Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Arcuate Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arcuate Artery
Literary usage of Arcuate artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"The arcuate artery (a. arcuata; metatarsal artery) arises a little anterior to the lateral tarsal artery; ..."
2. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1914)
"Along the course of each arcuate artery peripheral (centrifugal) and radial (centripetal) branches arise. The peripheral branches nourish the peripheral ..."
3. Anatomy of the Human Body by Henry Gray, Warren Harmon Lewis (1918)
"The arcuate artery (a. arcuata; metatarsal artery) arises a little anterior to the lateral tarsal artery; it passes lateralward, over the bases of the ..."
4. A Text-book of Histology by Frederick Randolph Bailey (1906)
"... r, interlobular vein; i/, renal arch (arcuate artery above and arcuate vein below) ; /", interlobar vein ; f, interlobar artery; h, medulla; ..."