Definition of Aquila degli abruzzi
1. Noun. The provincial capital of the Abruzzi region in central Italy.
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center
Group relationships: Abruzzi, Abruzzi E Molise
Aquila Degli Abruzzi Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aquila Degli Abruzzi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aquila Degli Abruzzi
Literary usage of Aquila degli abruzzi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Architecture and Building, Biographical, Historical, and by Russell Sturgis (1901)
"ITALY, ARCHITECTURE OP ; Part X. ; Abruzzi e Mollee ; comprising the four modern provincie of Aquila degli Abruzzi, Campobasso, Chieti, Teramo. ..."
2. Italy: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1900)
"Post Office, in the Piazza del Palazzo. Aquila, or Aquila degli Abruzzi (2365 ft.), founded by Frederick II. about 1240 as a check ..."
3. Italy : Handbook for Travellers: Third Part, Southern Italy and Sicily, with by Baedeker, Karl, firm, Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1896)
"180) 6 fr., to Assergi 10 fr. — Post Office, in the Piazza del Palazzo. Aquila, or Aquila degli Abruzzi, founded by Frederick II. about 1240 as a ..."
4. The World's Great Classics by Timothy Dwight, Julian Hawthorne (1901)
"The city of Aquila (Aquila degli Abruzzi), though subject to the Kingdom of Naples, was in a manner free; and the Count di Montorio possessed great ..."