Definition of Appealed
1. Verb. (past of appeal) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Appealed
1. appeal [v] - See also: appeal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Appealed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Appealed
Literary usage of Appealed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: During by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Frederick James Hall, Philip Twells, Charles Christopher Pepys Cottenham (1850)
"The Company appealed from that decision. Mr. Bacon and Mr. JH Palmer, for the Company:— This case must be governed by Kirk v. The Bromley Union (a). ..."
2. Le Morte Darthur: Sir Thomas Malory's Book of King Arthur and of His Noble by Thomas Malory, William Caxton (1903)
"CHAPTER XLIII How Sir Archade appealed Sir Palomides of treason, and how Sir Palomides slew him. WHEN Palomides was unarmed he asked lodging for himself and ..."
3. The Dictionary of National Biography by Sidney Lee (1909)
"She appealed (20 Dec.) to the lord of the isle, and Home allowed the appeal; ... Wilson appealed to the crown (19 July) ; they were released on 31 Aug., ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"... appealed to this court. Before the Continental came out of the lower harbor her lights were seen by those on board the propeller when the two steamers ..."
5. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"The order appealed from Is affirmed. GARY, C. J-, and WATTS, J., concur. COTHRAN, J. I do not concur In the affirmance of the order appealed from In this ..."
6. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"In Jan., 1730, the peasants Hans Lerchner and Veit Brème appealed to the Evangelical estates in Regensburg and sought for influence to be brought to bear ..."
7. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Judicature by New York (State). Supreme Court (1850)
"V. The 7th section of the decree appealed from, by which so much of the 9th clause of the will as bequeaths the income of the niece who shall die without ..."