Definition of Antrozous
1. Noun. A genus of Vespertilionidae.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Family Vespertilionidae, Vespertilionidae
Member holonyms: Antrozous Pallidus, Cave Bat, Pallid Bat
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Antrozous Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antrozous
Literary usage of Antrozous
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Families and Genera of Bats by Gerrit Smith Miller (1907)
"Acad. Nat. Sci. Philadelphia, p. 247. 1878. antrozous DOBSON, Catal. ... Three forms of antrozous are now recognized. Characters.—Dental formula : -2-.-1. ..."
2. Description of a New Species of Sea Snake from the Philippine Islands: With by John Van Denburgh, Joseph Cheesman Thompson (1908)
"antrozous pallidus pacificus Merriam Pacific Pallid Bat Original ... Synonym—antrozous pallidus, part. Range—Lower and Upper Sonoran zones on the Pacific ..."
3. California Mammals by Frank Stephens (1906)
"antrozous pallidus pacificus PACIFIC PALE BAT. Averaging larger than pallidus; darker; above white more or less heavily tipped with sepia or draw, ..."
4. A Monograph of the Bats of North America by Harrison Allen (1893)
"antrozous pallidus (Leconte). The pale bat. (Plates vili, IX. ... This easily distinguishes antrozous from other genera of ..."
5. List of North American Land Mammals in the United States National Museum, 1911 by Gerrit Smith Miller (1912)
"Lower Austral zone in desert region of eastern California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and western Texas. t*antrozous pallidus pacificus Merriam. 1897. ..."