Definition of Anne mansfield sullivan
1. Noun. United States educator who was the teacher and lifelong companion of Helen Keller (1866-1936).
Anne Mansfield Sullivan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anne Mansfield Sullivan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anne Mansfield Sullivan
Literary usage of Anne mansfield sullivan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Story of My Lifeby Helen Keller, John Albert Macy, Annie Sullivan by Helen Keller, John Albert Macy, Annie Sullivan (1905)
"... of what she has written, it was thought best to supplement her autobiography with the reports and letters of her teacher, Miss anne mansfield sullivan. ..."
2. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1903)
"and a supplementary account of her education ; including passages from the reports and letters of her teacher, anne mansfield sullivan, by J: Albert Macy. ..."
3. Library of Southern Literature by Edwin Anderson Alderman, Joel Chandler Harris, Charles William Kent (1909)
"She here refers to the coming of her teacher, Miss anne mansfield sullivan (now Mrs. John Albert Macy). Acting on the advice of Dr. Alexander Graham Bell, ..."
4. Famous Living Americans, with Portraits edited by Mary Griffin Webb, Edna Lenore Webb (1914)
"... day in all my life" — anne mansfield sullivan, who has been much more than teacher. All that love and sympathy, tact and tireless effort could effect, ..."
5. What is Social Case Work?: An Introductory Description by Mary Ellen Richmond (1922)
"Choice fell upon a former pupil of the institution, anne mansfield sullivan,* who had been almost totally blind from early childhood but whose sight had ..."
6. Studies in Reading by James William Searson, George Ellsworth Martin (1911)
"The most important day I remember in all my life is the one on which my teacher, anne mansfield sullivan, came to me. The morning after my teacher came she ..."