Definition of Anglesea island
1. Noun. An island to the northwest of Wales.
Group relationships: Cambria, Cymru, Wales
Generic synonyms: Island
Anglesea Island Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anglesea Island Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anglesea Island
Literary usage of Anglesea island
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of Chief Justice Ellis Lewis, 1798-1871: Of the First Elective by Burton Álva Konkle (1907)
""In passing up the channel between Ireland and Wales," to quote but one or two extracts, "I saw anglesea island, and was of course reminded of the last ..."
2. A System of Modern Geography, Designed for the Use of Schools and Academies by Samuel Augustus Mitchell (1881)
"West of anglesea island ? How is LONDON situated? Liverpool? Manchester? Birmingham? Leeds' Sheffield? Bristol? Brighton? Portsmouth ? ..."
3. A Guide to the Giants Causeway, and the North-east Coast of the County of Antrim by George Newenham Wright (1823)
"It greatly resembles the cold view of anglesea island from the Caernarvon shore, and the resemblance is greatly strengthened by the intervening arm of the ..."
4. Chitty's Index to All the Reported Cases Decided in the Several Courts of ...by Edward Chitty by Edward Chitty (1889)
"Anglesea (Island of) Coal and Coke Co. re, exp. Owen, 1626(2), 1640(1). Anglesey (Earl) r. Annesley, 2660(9). Anglo-American Leather Cloth Co. re, 1463(6). ..."
5. Evolution by Brooklyn Ethical Association (1889)
"anglesea island, near Wales, for example, is supposed to have been separated from the main-land by the action of a great glacier which descended from the ..."