Definition of Aneurisms
1. Noun. (plural of aneurism) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Aneurisms
1. aneurism [n] - See also: aneurism
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aneurisms Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aneurisms
Literary usage of Aneurisms
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Clinical Lectures on Senile and Chronic Diseases by Jean Martin Charcot (1881)
"The rupture of these aneurisms ia the most frequent cause of hemorrhage in the brain. ... Various ways in which these aneurisms undergo spontaneous cure. ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1901)
"THE relations to the heart of aneurisms in the beginning of the aorta are ... and many so-called dissecting aneurisms of the heart take their origin in the ..."
3. The Science and art of surgery: Being a Treatise on Surgical Injuries by Sir John Eric Erichsen (1864)
"aneurisms OF THE LOWER EXTREMITY. INGUINAL ANEURISM. ... It occasionally happens that inguinal aneurisms, even of a very large size, undergo spontaneous ..."
4. A Text-book of Medicine for Students and Practitioners by Adolf von Strümpell, Herman Frank Vickery, Philip Coombs Knapp, Frederick C. Shattuck (1886)
"In rare cases aneurisms of the subclavian and of the carotid have been observed. We have ourselves seen an aneurism of the internal carotid the size of a ..."
5. Monographic Medicine by Albion Walter Hewlett, Henry Leopold Elsner (1916)
"aneurisms Definition.—An aneurism is a chronic dilatation of the lumen ... Circumscribed aneurisms may be saccular, circular, boat-shaped or funnel-shaped. ..."
6. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1909)
"I. Common Carotid aneurisms.—aneurisms of the trunk are more frequent than that of ... Their relative frequency, compared with other aneurisms, is 25: 551 ..."
7. Operative Surgery by John Shelton Horsley (1921)
"OPERATION ON ANEURISM OF SPECIAL ARTERIES aneurisms of the thoracic aorta are by far the most frequent aneurisms, which would naturally be expected from the ..."
8. Diseases of the Nervous System: A Text-book for Students and Practitioners by Hermann Oppenheim, Edward E. Mayer (1904)
"Excluding miliary aneurisms of the intracerebral arteries, the ordinary forms of aneurisms, while they are comparatively infrequent, occur much more often ..."