Definition of Anemone cylindrica
1. Noun. A common North American anemone with cylindrical fruit clusters resembling thimbles.
Generic synonyms: Anemone, Windflower
Specialized synonyms: Anemone Riparia, Longheaded Thimbleweed, Anemone Virginiana, Virginia Thimbleweed
Anemone Cylindrica Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anemone Cylindrica Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anemone Cylindrica
Literary usage of Anemone cylindrica
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"anemone cylindrica A. Gray, Ann. Lye. NY 3: 221. 1836. Silky-hairy throughout, i°-2° high, branched at the involucre. Basal leaves tufted, long-petioled, ..."
2. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"anemone cylindrica A. Gray, Ann. Lyc. NY 3: 221 (1836). 1739. Anemone multifida Poir. in Lam. Encycl. Suppl. i: 364 (1810). 1740. Anemone parviflora Michx. ..."
3. How to Know the Wild Flowers: A Guide to the Names, Haunts, and Habits of by Frances Theodora Parsons (1895)
"anemone cylindrica. Crowfoot Family. Stem.—Slender; about two feet high ; silky-haired. Flowers.—Greenish white ; much as in above. Fruit-head. ..."
4. List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta Growing Without Cultivation in by Botanical Club (1894)
"anemone cylindrica A. Gray, Ann. Lyc. NY 3: 221 (1836). 1739. Anemone multifida Poir. in Lam. Encycl. Suppl. 1 : 3,64 (1810). 1740. Anemone parviflora Michx ..."
5. Synopsis of the Flora of Colorado by Thomas Conrad Porter, John Merle Coulter (1874)
"anemone cylindrica, Gr.—Green Horn Mountains, June, 1873, Brandegee. Idaho Springs, Redfield. ANEMONE PENNSYLVANICA, L. Common in the foot-hills. ..."