Definition of Amsinckia intermedia
1. Noun. Annual of western United States with coiled spikes of yellow-orange coiled flowers.
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Group relationships: Amsinckia, Genus Amsinckia
Amsinckia Intermedia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Amsinckia Intermedia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Amsinckia Intermedia
Literary usage of Amsinckia intermedia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of Weeds: With Descriptions of All the Most Pernicious and by Ada Eljiva Georgia (1914)
"Yellow Burweed (amsinckia intermedia). X \- Other English names: Yellow Tarweed, Fireweed, Yellow Forget-me-not. Seed-time: June to August. ..."
2. A Contribution to Our Knowledge of Seedlings by John Lubbock (1896)
"A similar case also occurs in amsinckia intermedia ... 254), where the surfaces and mar- FIG. 253.—amsinckia intermedia, FIG. 254. ..."
3. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"amsinckia intermedia F. & M., an erect Californian species, with orange-yellow flowers and linear leaves, has been found in eastern Long Island and ..."
4. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1901)
"The amsinckia intermedia, Fisch. & Mey., reported in the Flora Middlesex Co., Mass., as introduced around woolen mills, appears to be A. ..."
5. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1913)
"Common in waste places. Amsinckia tesselata. In waste places and about rubbish piles. amsinckia intermedia. Same as preceding species. Mentha spicata. ..."