Definition of American revolutionary leader
1. Noun. A nationalist leader in the American Revolution and in the creation of the United States.
Specialized synonyms: Adams, Sam Adams, Samuel Adams, Dawes, William Dawes, Benjamin Franklin, Franklin, Hale, Nathan Hale, Hancock, John Hancock, Henry, Patrick Henry, Francis Hopkinson, Hopkinson, Huntington, Samuel Huntington, Henry Laurens, Laurens, Lee, Richard Henry Lee, Livingston, Robert R. Livingston, George Mason, Mason, Morris, Robert Morris, Paine, Thomas Paine, Tom Paine, Paine, Robert Treat Paine, Paterson, William Patterson, Josiah Quincy, Quincy, Paul Revere, Revere, Benjamin Rush, Rush, Haym Salomon, Salomon, Roger Sherman, Sherman, Baron Friedrich Wilhelm Ludolf Gerhard Augustin Von Steuben, Steuben, Jonathan Trumbull, Trumbull, James Wilson, Wilson, John Witherspoon, Witherspoon
American Revolutionary Leader Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: American Revolutionary Leader Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of American Revolutionary Leader
Literary usage of American revolutionary leader
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Military Ethics: Reflections on Principles: Profession of Arms, Mil. Leader edited by Malham M. Wakin (1987)
"... In Dubious Battle and The Grapes of Wrath, help us understand why somebody named Cesar Chavez is an American Revolutionary leader. For those willing and ..."
2. Encyclopedic Dictionary of American Reference by John Franklin Jameson, James William Buel (1901)
"Mason, George (1725-1792), an American Revolutionary leader, was one of the great Virginians of that epoch. He drafted in 1769 the " non-importation ..."
3. Diplomat's Dictionary by Charles W. Freeman, Jr. (1995)
"Late 18th-century american revolutionary leader, diplomat and statesman, President of the United States, 1797-1801. Adams, John Quincy (1767-1848). ..."
4. Dictionary of United States History. 1492-1895: Four Centuries of History by John Franklin Jameson (1897)
"Mason, George (1725-1792), an American Revolutionary leader, was one of the great Virginians of that epoch. He drafted in 1769 the "nonimportation ..."
5. Wit, Wisdom and Foibles of the Great: Together with Numerous Anecdotes by Charles Anthony Shriner (1918)
"Would that all men were so PAINE, Thomas, 1737-1809. American Revolutionary leader. One hundred and sixty-eight persons were taken out of the Luxembourg ..."
6. Dictionary of Historical Allusions by Harbottle, Thomas Benfield, d. 1904 (1904)
"The sobriquet of Samuel Adams, the american revolutionary leader (1722-1803.) Father of his Country. This title has been bestowed upon several patriots in ..."