Definition of Administrative division
1. Noun. A district defined for administrative purposes.
Specialized synonyms: Borough, Canton, City, Commune, Country, Land, State, County, County Palatine, Department, Federal District, Reservation, Reserve, School District, Shire, Municipality, Prefecture, Province, State, Town, Township, Ward
Generic synonyms: District, Dominion, Territorial Dominion, Territory
Specialized synonyms: Lower Egypt, Upper Egypt, Khabarovsk
Administrative Division Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Administrative Division Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Administrative Division
Literary usage of Administrative division
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Political Science Review (1918)
"The work of the administrative division has also been distributed. In April, 1918, a personnel and a methods control division were established, ..."
2. Industrial Organization and Management by Hugo Diemer (1915)
"STANDARDIZATION IN THE administrative division In this division the different steps towards standardization consist of the following: ..."
3. Urquhart and Glenmoriston: Olden Times in a Highland Parish by William Mackay (1893)
"Curious administrative division of the Parish.—Church Courts.—The Poor.—Social Customs. —Fights and Feuds.- -Modem Changes.—The Conclusion. we could but ..."
4. Field Quartermaster's Handbook: Complete from a Company to a Division by Frank Hall Lawton, J. C. McArthur, Dempsey W. A. (1917)
"administrative division: Mail and record branch, Personnel and miscellaneous branch. 2 Finance and accounting division: Finance branch, Accounting branch. ..."