Definition of Adenomas
1. Noun. (plural of adenoma) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Adenomas
1. adenoma [n] - See also: adenoma
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Adenomas Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adenomas
Literary usage of Adenomas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Neoplastic Diseases: A Treatise on Tumors by James Ewing (1922)
"Hence it appears that function in adenomas represents an acquired ... In the former case highly cellular tumors develop, in the latter fibro-adenomas. ..."
2. Guidelines for the Evaluation of Virtual Terminal Implementations by Carol A. Edgar (1993)
"adenomas had a substantial prevalence of advanced proximal neoplasms—6 percent and 10 percent, respectively. Four early-stage proximal carcinomas were found ..."
3. Practice of Medicine by Frederick Tice (1921)
"The prognosis is also affected by the presence of adenomas. ... The possibility of malignant change in adenomas must always be kept in mind. ..."
4. Reviews in Environmental Health (1998): Toxicological Defense Mechanics edited by Gary E. R. Hook, George W. Lucier (2000)
"Thyroid adenomas were also induced in 4,4'-thiodianiline-treated Tg and non-Tg mice ... 4,4'-Thiodianiline also significantly induced lung adenomas in 2000 ..."
5. Eighth Annual Report on Carcinogens: 1998 Summary edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"Such products are not made from the chemical urethane and do not generate it upon decomposition adenomas, squamous cell tumors, mammary carcinomas, ..."
6. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"The association of beer with adenomas was stronger in older subjects. Logistic regression confirmed statistically significant associations of smoking (odds ..."
7. Transactions of the Southern Surgical and Gynecological Association (1913)
"I believe they are not true adenomas, but simply regeneration nodules in ... You may call them adenomas, but it is better to call them regeneration nodules. ..."
8. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"These include (a) papillary (cylindric cell) cyst- adenomas or ... These adenomas or adenocarcinomas of the salivary and mucous glands comprise a ..."