Definition of Add together
1. Verb. Determine the sum of. "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
Related verbs: Add
Generic synonyms: Count, Enumerate, Number, Numerate
Derivative terms: Addable, Adder, Addible, Addition, Additive, Additive, Sum, Sum, Sum, Summation, Sum, Sum, Sum, Tally, Total, Total
2. Verb. Make an addition by combining numbers. "Add 27 and 49, please!"
Category relationships: Arithmetic
Generic synonyms: Calculate, Cipher, Compute, Cypher, Figure, Reckon, Work Out
Specialized synonyms: Foot, Foot Up
Related verbs: Add, Add Up, Sum, Sum Up, Summate, Tally, Tot, Tot Up, Total, Tote Up
Also: Add Up
Derivative terms: Addable, Adder, Addition, Additive
Add Together Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Add Together Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Add Together
Literary usage of Add together
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The University Arithmetic: Embracing the Science of Numbers, and Their by Charles Davies (1852)
"1+|+4=^f = Hence, 29 + 1^ = 30^, the sum. 2. add together 31, 6f, ... add together T%, y, 1, and l-/. Ans. 5. add together 38-f, 13-1, and 9f. Ans. 6. ..."
2. The Common School Arithmetic: Combining Analysis and Synthesis; Adapted to by James Stewart Eaton (1866)
"Tis> and ^V 12. add together |, g, f, and J. Ans. 4J. 13. add together f ... add together f , ^, and -fa. I + A + A = if + it + if (Art- 147. ..."
3. The University Arithmetic: Embracing the Science of Numbers, and Their by Charles Davies (1853)
"Ans. 4. add together T4¥, L2, 1, and ^6. Ans. 5. add together 38f, 13£, and 9f . Ans. 6. add together 6f , 13^, ..."
4. Elements of Algebra by Charles Davies (1839)
"add together 3a+4, 3o+35, — 9a— 76, 6a + 96, and 8a+3b+8c. Ans. ll<z+94+8c. 7. ... add together 3a+J+c, 5a+2J + 3ac, a + c+ac, and — 3a—9ac — 8b. ..."