Definition of Sauvignon blanc
1. Noun. White wine grape grown in California.
2. Noun. A California wine.
Sauvignon Blanc Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sauvignon Blanc Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sauvignon Blanc
Literary usage of Sauvignon blanc
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Pruning-book: A Monograph of the Pruning and Training of Plants as by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1898)
"TYPE V. — St. Macaire and Mondeuse (on rich bottom soils), Tinta Valdepenas, Marsanne, Clairette Blanche, Semillon, Sauvignon blanc (on rich soils), ..."
2. Pamphlets on Enology (1892)
"... to this method of training, and the greater regularity of bearing, as well as of ripening, amply repay the extra outlay. The Semillon, Sauvignon blanc, ..."
3. The Handbook of Horticulture and Viticulture of Western Australia by A. Despeissis, Western Australia Dept. of Agriculture (1903)
"Prune long Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet franc, Malbec, Merlot, Verdot, Sauvignon blanc, the Pinots, Verdelho, Shiraz, Roussanne, (White Hermitage), ..."
4. Adventure Guide to New Zealand by Bette Flagler (2005)
"Marlborough Sauvignon blanc put New Zealand on the wine map and, while the whites have garnered the most attention, Pinot Noir is the red (especially from ..."
5. New Zealand Driving Holidays: 29 New Zealand Holiday Itineraries and Touring by Donna Blaber (2005)
"... of butterscotch schnapps while I depart with a bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc Vinegar, wood.aged in oak in the traditional Orleans method. ..."