Definition of Robert Gray
1. Noun. American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806).
Robert Gray Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Robert Gray Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Robert Gray
Literary usage of Robert Gray
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Pennsylvania Archivesby Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania State Library by Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania State Library (1898)
"... Thomas Gray, William, Esq Gray, Robert Gray, William Gray, Robert, Grant, Thomas Gray, William Gray. Robert, Gray, Robert Gray. William Grant. Thomas. ..."
2. Explorers and Travellers by Adolphus Washington Greely (1893)
"CAPTAIN Robert Gray, THE DISCOVERER OF THE COLUMBIA RIVER. ... Robert Gray was born at Tiverton, RI, in May, 1757, and in early youth, inspired with the ..."
3. Records and Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts by Massachusetts County Court (Essex County), George Francis Dow (1921)
"Bartholomew, merchant, overseers and feoffees in trust for the children of Robert Gray, late deceased. Review. Nonsuited.* Nicholas Manning v. ..."
4. Historical Collections of the Essex Institute by Essex Institute (1863)
"Will of Robert Gray of Salem, dated llth mo 1661, daughter Elizabeth Gray, ... A comparison of the account of Robert Gray first, with the account of Robert ..."
5. Life on the Plains of the Pacific. Oregon: Its History, Condition and by Gustavus Hines (1852)
"... Disappoint- ment — Robert Gray, of Boston — First visit to the coast — Second visit, discovers the Columbia river —- Captain Vancouver — Braughton. ..."
6. Breaking the Wilderness: The Story of the Conquest of the Far West, from the by Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh (1905)
"... Spans the Continent—Meares and Vancouver Baffled by Breakers—Captain Robert Gray, Victor—The Columbia at Last—The Louisiana Purchase a Pig in a Poke, ..."