Definition of Psidium cattleianum
1. Noun. Small tropical shrubby tree bearing deep red oval fruit.
Generic synonyms: Fruit Tree
Psidium Cattleianum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Psidium Cattleianum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Psidium Cattleianum
Literary usage of Psidium cattleianum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Ornamental Shrubs of the United States (hardy, Cultivated) by Austin Craig Apgar (1910)
"... (about 1 inch),.deep claret color and rough fig-like surface, a strawberry-like fragrance and flavor. STRAWBERRY GUAVA (329) — Psidium cattleianum. ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"*Psidium cattleianum. *Lantana, dwarf hybrids. High hedges (6 to 12 feet). Pittosporum tenuifolium. ..."
3. The Journal of Heredity by American Genetic Association (1916)
"... been subjected to long cultivation, the pitanga being comparable in this respect to its near relative the strawberry guava (Psidium cattleianum Sabine. ..."
4. Life in Brazil, Or, A Journal of a Visit to the Land of the Cocoa and the by Thomas Ewbank (1856)
"Phoenix dactylifera, L. Prunus domestica, L. Punica granatum, L. Pyrus communis, L. Psidium cattleianum, Lind- ley. ..."