Definition of Pseudotsuga menziesii
1. Noun. Lofty douglas fir of northwestern North America having short needles and egg-shaped cones.
Generic synonyms: Douglas Fir
Pseudotsuga Menziesii Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pseudotsuga Menziesii Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pseudotsuga Menziesii
Literary usage of Pseudotsuga menziesii
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Managing Forest Ecosystems to Conserve Fungus Diversity and Sustain Wild edited by David Pilz, Randy Molina (1998)
"Conference Presentations on Diversity and Conservation of Forest Fungi Study 1: Ecology of Ectomycorrhizal Fungi in Old- Growth Pseudotsuga menziesii-Tsuga ..."
2. Computers and Information Technologies in Agricultural Production and edited by Karl Schneider (1998)
"Descriptors: pseudotsuga-menziesii; wood- properties; ... Descriptors: pinus-ponderosa; picea-engelmannii; pseudotsuga-menziesii; seedlings; cold-resistance ..."
3. Ecology and Conservation of the Marbled Murrelet by C. John Ralph (1997)
"All nests were in old-growth Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii), ... Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) was the dominant tree species in the north and ..."
4. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"Major species occurring in the study area are Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii), ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa var. arizonica}, chihuahua pine (Pinus ..."