Definition of Pfalz
1. Noun. A territory in southwestern Germany formerly ruled by the counts palatine.
Generic synonyms: District, Dominion, Territorial Dominion, Territory
Group relationships: Deutschland, Federal Republic Of Germany, Frg, Germany
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pfalz Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pfalz
Literary usage of Pfalz
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Called Frederick the Great by Thomas Carlyle (1858)
"Brandenburg in the hands of the Pawnbrokers; Rupert of the Pfalz is Kaiser. ... After some stumbling, they fixed upon Rupert Kur-Pfalz (Elector Palatine, ..."
2. The Rhine: From Its Source to the Sea by Karl Stieler, Hans Wachenhusen, Friedrich Wilhelm Hackländer (1903)
"There are, however, parts of the Pfalz where the hand of man has never interfered with ... It is through such a portion of the Pfalz that our road leads us. ..."
3. Deutsche und Oesterreichische Bibliothekzeichen Exlibris: Ein Handbuch Fur by Karl Emich Leiningen-Westerburg (1901)
"Speyer: Historischer Verein der Pfalz, 1893; hier abgebildet; mit den Schilden Deutsches Reich (Adler), Bayern (Rauten), Pfalz (Löwe) in romanischer ..."
4. Textbook of Applied Aeronautic Engineering by Henry Woodhouse (1920)
"Pfalz Scout 828 4/17—160 Mercedes The performance of this machine appears to be practically the same as that of G/141 Pfalz Scout with 160 hp Mercedes, ..."