Definition of Nikolai Lenin
1. Noun. Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924).
Generic synonyms: Bolshevik, Bolshevist
Nikolai Lenin Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nikolai Lenin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nikolai Lenin
Literary usage of Nikolai Lenin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trade Unionism and Labor Problems by John Rogers Commons (1921)
"The Kerensky coalition government was forced to abdicate on that day, and the Soviet government, with the Bolshevik leaders, Nikolai Lenin and Leon Trotsky, ..."
2. The Social Interpretation of History: A Refutation of the Marxian Economic by Maurice William (1921)
"... Party returned home after their recent visit to Soviet Russia, they carried with them a message from Nikolai Lenin to the workers of Great Britain. ..."
3. From October to Brest-Litovsk by Leon Trotsky (1919)
"THE STATE AND REVOLUTION By Nikolai Lenin There is doubt in certain circles as to the desirability of revolution as opposed to evolution in bringing about ..."
4. Raymond Robins' Own Story by William Hard (1920)
"IV THE PERSONALITY AND POWER OF Nikolai Lenin A RED GUARD was walking through -^~*- the Most Holy Gate of the Kremlin, in Moscow. ..."
5. Soviet Russia by Friends of Soviet Russia (1920)
"... Room 304, New York, NY THIS issue of SOVIET RUSSIA has been chiefly set apart to mark the day of the fiftieth anniversary of the birth of Nikolai Lenin, ..."
6. Facts and Fabrications about Soviet Russia by Evans Clark (1920)
""Nikolai Lenin, the Bolshevist Premier, and Trotzky, speaking recently before the Moscow Soviet, confessed that the Bolshevist regime was bankrupt. ..."