Definition of Nevis
1. Noun. One of the islands of Saint Christopher-Nevis.
Generic synonyms: Island
Definition of Nevis
1. Proper noun. An island in the Lesser Antilles, part of the nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nevis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nevis
Literary usage of Nevis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Coast Pilot: Containing the Courses and Distances Between the by Edmund March Blunt (1822)
"From the south point of Nevis to Horse-shoe point (the southernmost of St. Kitts) NW by W. ... From the west point of Montserrat to the south end of Nevis, ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1908)
"As mentioned in the report for 1905, the meteorological observations on Ben Nevis have now ceased, but the Committee have co-operated with the Scottish ..."
3. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1906)
"IN a recent number of Symon's Meteorological Magazine there appeared a paper entitled the " Glacial Snows of Ben Nevis," by the Rev. ..."
4. Great Britain: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1890)
"Banavie lies at the foot of "Ben Nevis (4406 ft. ... As the canal-steamer leaves Banavie we liave a good view, to the right, of Ben Nevis. ..."
5. A History of Scotland from the Roman Occupation by Andrew Lang (1902)
"Even after the Forty-Five we still find the Glen Nevis Camerons (really ... But the " form " of the Glen Nevis Camerons continued to be deplorable, ..."
6. Four Years' Residence in the West Indies, During the Years 1826, 7, 8, and 9 by Frederic William Naylor Bayley (1833)
"Nevis, which is close to Montserrat and St. Kitts, was discovered by Columbus ... June 17, Captain B. Gilbert, in a bark of 50 tons, anchored at Nevis and ..."