Definition of Myxobacteriales
1. Noun. An order of higher bacteria.
Generic synonyms: Animal Order
Group relationships: Division Eubacteria
Member holonyms: Family Myxobacteriaceae, Family Polyangiaceae, Myxobacteriaceae, Polyangiaceae, Gliding Bacteria, Myxobacter, Myxobacteria, Myxobacterium, Slime Bacteria
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Myxobacteriales Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Myxobacteriales
Literary usage of Myxobacteriales
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Agricultural Bacteriology by Joseph Eames Greaves (1922)
"Cells may be motile by means of flagella. A. Order Myxobacteriales.- Cells united during the vegetative stage into a ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1898)
"And one order, the Myxobacteriales, is not even mentioned, due largely, no doubt, to the fact that they have been worked out by an American investigator, ..."
3. A Text-book of General Bacteriology by Edwin Oakes Jordan (1921)
"... such as is characteristic of the Myxobacteriales. Artificial Key to the Families and Genera of the Actinomycetales and ..."
4. Nature and Development of Plants by Carlton Clarence Curtis (1918)
"The most important among these, the myxobacteriales, have been made known by Thaxter. They are minute plants, very suggestive of the next group, ..."