Definition of Murillo
1. Noun. Spanish painter (1617-1682).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Murillo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Murillo
Literary usage of Murillo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of Painters and Paintings edited by John Denison Champlin, Charles Callahan Perkins (1887)
"Stirling, Annals; Stromer, Murillo; Tubino, Murillo ; Minor, Murillo ; Cean ... Murillo, portrait, Murillo, Francis Cook, Richmond Hill, Surrey ; canvas, ..."
2. The Saturday Magazine (1841)
"Murillo AND HIS WORKS. I. IF it be true that painters portray themselves in their works, if their paintings exhibit their own genius, their propensities, ..."
3. Sketches of Great Painters by Edwin Watts Chubb (1915)
"Murillo " Go to Italy to study the work of the great Italians," said Velasquez to the ... The young Murillo, however, did not take this excellent advice, ..."
4. A.L.A. Portrait Index: Index to Portraits Contained in Printed Books and by American Library Association (1906)
"Murillo p. A. Th. M. Blanchard se. SHEDD, Famous painters and paint ings (1876) 192. Murillo p. A. Blanchard eng. SPOONER, Biog. hist, of fine arts (1865) ..."
5. Reports of Cases Relating to Maritime Law: Containing All the Decisions of by James Perronet Aspinall, Butler Aspinall, Geoffrey Hutchinson, James. A. Petrie, F. A. P. Rowe, Bruce Farthing (1873)
"I THE Murillo. by whose orders and under whose direction! was she ... Did yon order or purchase the Murillo on your own account, or on account of yourself, ..."