Definition of Missoula
1. Noun. A university town in western Montana.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Missoula Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Missoula
Literary usage of Missoula
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report by New Hampshire Bureau of Labor, Montana (1900)
"The Bitter Root, Lower Missoula and Clark's Fork valleys are especially ... The lumber business is one of the important interests of Missoula county. ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"It was incorporated in 1883 and the name changed to Missoula. ... Missoula is <he natural distributing centre for this rich and growing territory. ..."
3. Lewis and Clark Road Trips: Exploring the Trail Across America by Kira Gale (2006)
"In Missoula it is customary for adults to ride the carousel, • Open daily. ... COURTHOUSE MURALS The museum manages the Missoula County Art Collection, ..."
4. The Official Northern Pacific Railroad Guide: For the Use of Tourists and by Northern Pacific Railroad Company (1893)
"This is a new branch, built in 1887, from Missoula, on the Northern Pacific main ... Tyler (28 miles from Missoula) is the station for Stevens- ville on the ..."
5. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1906)
"The railway company had in its employment a train dispatcher at Missoula, ... The main line of the railroad extends from Missoula east to Helena, ..."
6. My Sixty Years on the Plains, Trapping, Trading, and Indian Fighting by William Thomas Hamilton (1905)
"I Establish a Trading-Post at Missoula. Fort Benton. The Expedition of 1874 with General Crook. American Horse. Later Years. D USSELL bought a fine unbroken ..."