Definition of Lerner
1. Noun. United States lyricist who collaborated on musicals with Frederick Loewe (1918-1986).
Medical Definition of Lerner
1. I.M., U.S. Population geneticist, 1910-1967. See: Lerner homeostasis. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lerner Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lerner
Literary usage of Lerner
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Piano Mastery: Talks with Master Pianists and Teachers, and an Account of a by Harriette Moore Brower (1915)
"... TINA Lerner AN AUDIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER BETWEEN the many engagements that crowded upon the close of her long American tour, Miss Tina Lerner found ..."
2. Molecular Neurobiology: Proceedings of the 2nd NIMH Conference by Steven Zalcman (1995)
"... M. Lerner, E. Sharma, and JR Naegele Child Study Center and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, ..."
3. How to Study "The Best Short Stories": An Analysis of Edward J. O'Brien's by Blanche Colton Williams (1919)
"You were right," Miss Lerner says, " about my knowing ' the prototype of old Margaret." And every one of her storied recollections is a real one, ..."
4. State of State Standards 2000: English, History, Geography, Mathematics, Scienceedited by Chester E. Finn, Jr., Michael J. Petrilli edited by Chester E. Finn, Jr., Michael J. Petrilli (2000)
"... The State of State Standards in Science by Lawrence S. Lerner In the nearly two years since the publication of State Science Standards: An Appraisal of ..."