Definition of League of Iroquois
1. Noun. A league of Iroquois tribes including originally the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca (the Five Nations); after 1722 they were joined by the Tuscarora (the Six Nations).
League Of Iroquois Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: League Of Iroquois Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of League Of Iroquois
Literary usage of League of Iroquois
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico V. 1/4 by Frederick Webb Hodge (2003)
"... League of Iroquois, 359, 1851). A series of interesting paddle-shaped clubs, ancient and modern, often with carved handles, are found in the culture ..."
2. The Library of Lewis Henry Morgan by Thomas R. Trautmann, Karl Sanford Kabelac (1994)
"At the bottom of the league of Iroquois "nations" (Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca, from east to west, plus the later addition of ..."
3. Primitive Culture: Researches Into the Development of Mythology, Philosophy by Edward Burnett Tylor (1903)
"Kth. Soc.' vol. iii. pp. 228, 236, 245. Taylor, 'New Zealand,' p. 221 ; Schirren, p. 91 ; see Turner, 'Polynesia,' p. 233. Morgan, 'League of Iroquois,' p. ..."
4. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1920)
"... Wetmore & Co., Rochester, NY Turner, Holland Purchase. Turner, Phelps and Gorham. League of Iroquois. Morgan. ..."
5. The Encyclopedia Americanaedited by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines edited by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines (1903)
"LH Morgan, League of Iroquois, Book I, Ch. i. 1690.—R. Johnson, Old French War., Ch. 6. Ch. 3-4. 1696.— F. Parkman, Count Frontenac and New R. Frothingham, ..."
6. War and Religion: A Sociological Study by Eli Mayer (1918)
"H. Morgan, "League of Iroquois," pp. 13-14 p. 461 pp. 476-477 pp. 478-481 p. 497 p. 530 p. 537 pp. ..."