Definition of Kingstown
1. Noun. The capital of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; on Saint Vincent.
Definition of Kingstown
1. Proper noun. The capital city of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ¹
2. Proper noun. The former name for Dun Laoghaire in Ireland. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kingstown Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kingstown
Literary usage of Kingstown
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Four Years' Residence in the West Indies, During the Years 1826, 7, 8, and 9 by Frederic William Naylor Bayley (1833)
"Kingstown THE CHAIN GANG. " Well, then begin—'tis in this islet green, ... ON the following morning the Duke of York left Kingstown for the islands of ..."
2. Black's Guide to Ireland by Adam and Charles Black (Firm), E. D. Jordan (1900)
"DUBLIN TO Kingstown, DALKEY, AND BRAY. By Rail (Dublin, Wicklow, and Wexford) ... If a town can be said to be a thief, then is Kingstown one par excellence ..."
3. Records of the colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, in New England by Rhode Island, John Russell Bartlett (1859)
"And that the records of the late town of Kingstown be put into the hands of the clerk of North Kingstown, to be, and remain in said North Kingstown; ..."
4. John L. Stoddard's Lectures: Supplementary Volume[s]. by John Lawson Stoddard (1901)
"... during her drive of six miles from Kingstown harbor to Dublin. I shall not soon forget the impression made upon me by her triumphal entry into the Irish ..."
5. John L. Stoddard's Lectures by John Lawson Stoddard (1901)
"... miles from Kingstown harbor to Dublin. I shall not soon forget the impression made upon me by her triumphal entry into the Irish capital. ..."
6. The Seventh Regiment Rhode Island Volunteers in the Civil War, 1862-1865 by William Palmer Hopkins, George Bacheler Peck (1903)
"Residence, Fall River, Mass. ; enrolled at South Kingstown Aug. ... Residence, South Kingstown; enrolled Aug. 9, 1862 ; mustered in Sept. ..."
7. Transactions of the Sanitary Institute of Great Britain by Sanitary Institute of Great Britain (1885)
"My duties as Medical Sanitary Officer have led me to investigate, :is far as lay in my power, the sanitary condition of Kingstown. ..."