Definition of Kaufman
1. Noun. United States playwright who collaborated with many other writers including Moss Hart (1889-1961).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kaufman Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kaufman
Literary usage of Kaufman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"Nevertheless Kaufman was to be held liable In a settlement of the accounts arising out of the management of the leasehold, and especially for any delays in ..."
2. Gait Analysis in the Science of Rehabilitation edited by Joel A. DeLisa (2000)
"SECTION FOUR Future Directions in Gait Analysis by Kenton R. Kaufman, PhD, PE Dr. Kaufman is Co-Director of the Biomechanics Laboratory, Associate Professor ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1904)
"NEGAUNEE IRON COMPANY, Edward N. Breitung, and Mary Kaufman. (See BC Reporter's ed. 463-475.) Error to state court—Federal question— when decision not ..."
4. History of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania by John Newton Boucher, John Woolf Jordan (1906)
"Samuel Kaufman was a son of Joseph Kaufman and Nancy (Myers) Kaufman, born August 8, ... Harrison Kaufman received his education in the Plumville Academy. ..."
5. Longer Plays by Modern Authors [American] by Helen Louise Cohen (1922)
"A COMEDY IN THREE ACTS By GEORGE S. Kaufman and MARC CONNELLY (With a Bow to Franklin P. Adams) ' • Copyright, 1921, by George S. Kaufman and Marc Connelly. ..."
6. Modern American Plays by George Pierce Baker (1920)
"THE UNCHASTENED WOMAN A Modern Comedy in Three Acts By LOUIS Kaufman ANSPACHER Louis Kaufman ANSPACHER was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, March 1, 1878. ..."
7. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1899)
"No deed from Kaufman to Holland was ever recorded, and there was no direct ... June 1, 1892, Kaufman executed and delivered a deed for the same lot to ..."