Definition of Fratercula arctica
1. Noun. Common puffin of the northern Atlantic.
Generic synonyms: Puffin
Group relationships: Fratercula, Genus Fratercula
Fratercula Arctica Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fratercula Arctica Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fratercula Arctica
Literary usage of Fratercula arctica
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"Fratercula arctica ( LINN ns). RANGE.— Coasts and islands of the North Atlantic and Arctic ... Fratercula arctica naumanni NORTON, Proc. Portland Soc. Nat. ..."
2. The Nests and Eggs of British Birds: When and where to Find Them : Being a by Charles Dixon (1894)
"... however, the eggs of the Razorbill externally never exhibit green or blue tints. Family ALCID/E. Genus FRATERCULA. PUFFIN. Fratercula arctica ..."
3. Journal of Anatomy and Physiology by Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1890)
"Mandible of Fratercula arctica; viewed from above; life size. ... Skull of Fratercula arctica; basal view, with mandible removed; life size; ..."
4. Magazine of Natural History edited by John Claudius Loudon, Edward Charlesworth, John Denson (1831)
"Fratercula arctica, Puffin. Falco ^"'salon, Merlin. 7<arus mar'mus. ... The Puffin (called above Fratercula arctica) Mr. Rennie denominates Puffinus ..."