Definition of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
1. Noun. A mountainous republic in southeastern Europe bordering on the Adriatic Sea; formed from two of the six republics that made up Yugoslavia until 1992; Serbia and Montenegro were known as the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia until 2003 when they adopted the name of the Union of Serbia and Montenegro.
Generic synonyms: European Country, European Nation
Terms within: Serbia, Srbija, Crna Gora, Montenegro, Belgrade, Beograd, Capital Of Serbia And Montenegro, Danau, Danube, Danube River
Member holonyms: Jugoslav, Jugoslavian, Yugoslav, Yugoslavian
Derivative terms: Yugoslavian
Federal Republic Of Yugoslavia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Federal Republic Of Yugoslavia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Federal Republic Of Yugoslavia
Literary usage of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Under Orders: War Crimes in Kosovo by Fred Abrahams (2001)
"FORCES OF THE Federal Republic of Yugoslavia The two principal military forces in Yugoslavia in 1998 and 1999 were the Yugoslav Army (Vojska Jugoslavia, ..."
2. Humanitarian Law Violations in Kosovo by Fred Abrahams (1998)
"The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia has not signed the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of ..."
3. Human Rights Watch World Report 1997 by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch Staff (1996)
"Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Human Rights Developments Human rights conditions remained a cause for concern in 1996 in the Federal Republic of ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report 2000 by Human Rights Watch Staff, Human Rights Watch (Organization), Human Rights Watch (1999)
"The OSCE was also responsible for running the police training academy which began training the future Kosovo po- Federal Republic of Yugoslavia lice force. ..."
5. The Drama in Former Yugoslavia: The Beginning of the End or the End of the by Anton Zabkar (1998)
"CIVIL-MILITARY RELATIONS IN THE SO-CALLED Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (a ... INTRODUCTION The collapse of the former Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and ..."
6. Landmine Monitor Report 1999: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (1999)
"General Radakovic was one of the top four officers in the Yugoslav People's Army (Army of Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia) and was manager of the ..."
7. Landmine Monitor Report 2002: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Human Rights Watch (Organization). (2002)
"In March 2002 it was announced that the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (FRY) will be dissolved and replaced by the new nation of Serbia and Montenegro. ..."
8. World Report 2002: The Events of 2001 by Human Rights Watch (Organization (2002)
"Federal Republic of Yugoslavia SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO HUMAN RIGHTS DEVELOPMENTS The December 2000 Serbian parliamentary elections consolidated the transition ..."