Definition of Dovyalis caffra
1. Noun. Vigorous South African spiny shrub grown for its round yellow juicy edible fruits.
Terms within: Kai Apple
Group relationships: Dovyalis, Genus Dovyalis
Generic synonyms: Bush, Shrub
Dovyalis Caffra Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dovyalis Caffra Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dovyalis Caffra
Literary usage of Dovyalis caffra
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Tropical and Subtropical Fruits: Excluding the Banana, Coconut by Wilson Popenoe (1920)
"59) (Dovyalis caffra, Warb.) While its scented fruit is not of great value for eating out of hand, ..."
2. Comparative Storage Biology of Tropical Tree Seeds by Moctar Sacandé (2004)
"Germination of Dovyalis caffra (Hook. F. et Harv.) Warb, seeds Deon Erdey and Patricia Berjak Plant Cell Biology Research Unit, School of Biological ..."
3. Plant Inventory by Agricultural Research Center-West (U.S.), United States Division of Botany, Horticultural Crops Research Branch, Agricultural Research Service, United States Dept. of Agriculture, United States, United States Bureau of Plant Industry, Northeastern Regi (1914)
"Presented by Mr. Alfred Bircher, The Middle Egypt Botanic- Gardens. Received August 6, 1912. 34250. Dovyalis caffra (Hook, and Harv.) Warb. Kei-apple. ..."
4. Circular by Puerto Rico Federal Experiment Station, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico Agricultural Experiment Station (Mayaguez) (1918)
"The heart-shaped leaves on 3-inch petioles are more or less lobed with slender tips and toothed margins. Propagation is from seed. Dovyalis caffra (Hook. ..."